What levels of Spanish do you teach?
- In Spanish Cuentos we offer all levels of Spanish.
Is there an age requirement?
- No, we work with students of all ages.
Will my child be with other students?
- The student to teacher ratio for Spanish classes is 5:1. However, we also offer 1:1 tutoring.
What does your class look like?
- Lots of props
- Lots of actors and actresses =)
- Children’s books in the target language
- Storytelling and story-creating
- Language repetition
What kind of reading occurs in your classes?
- Short novels
- Restaurant menus
- Lots of short stories
- Students’ stories
- Cultural readings
What kind of writing occurs in your classroom?
- Lots and lots of writing
- Short stories
- Creative writing
- Descriptive writing (describing what students see)
Why are so many people willing to try Spanish Cuentos?
- Effective input
- Storytelling instead of grammar rules and vocabulary memorization.
- High student and teacher interest level
- We teach Spanish the way humans learn language: naturally
- Personalized learning
- Promotes literacy
How often does my child need to take Spanish?
- This depends on the needs of the child but in general, students who participate in small-group sessions meet with the instructor a minimum of 2 days a week. Students who come for 1:1 tutoring may meet only once a week.
How long is a tutoring session?
- This really depends on what you need. In general, each session is fifty minutes long. This allows for the instructor to prepare for the next session.
Do you teach other languages?
- No, our main focus is Spanish. However, we may be able to help you find a tutor that fits your needs.