What to expect from this guide
- Ideas for how to introduce each chapter of the novel
- A list of target structure vocabulary, possible new words, and cognates for each chapter
- Ideas and talking points when reading the chapters to your students or drawing the stories on the board
- Guides and tips to acting out each chapter with your students
- Three comprehension worksheets for each chapter with answer sheets
- Possible extension activities for each chapter
- These plans have been tested with students in grades 2-7 but can be used with students as young as 1st grade and as old as high school at the teacher’s discretion.
- Please preview all video recommendations before showing to your students.
- Chapters can be taught in different order or in isolation for any reason
- A membership with Spanish Cuentos will help optimize this resource, but it is not required.
- Students are more likely to buy in to the silly stories and acting if they see their teacher enthusiastic about them.